Now more than ever, a brand’s online visibility relies on images. Pinterest was created with the aim of providing new creative ideas and inspiration to its 465 million monthly users. For businesses, this presents a great opportunity to drive traffic to their website, reach potential customers, and increase sales.
Pinterest is much more than a platform for sharing delicious recipes or DIY ideas; this social network offers a chance to enhance brand visibility, direct traffic to the website, and establish meaningful engagement with the audience. In this article, we will explore how businesses can fully harness the potential of Pinterest to promote their products and services in a unique and effective way.
Table of contents
0. Pinterest Glossary: what are the key elements?
Pinterest is structured like a search engine: users utilize this function much like they would on Google Images, but they get more diverse and personalized results. In fact, the content suggested does not follow a chronological order but rather aligns with the interests and personal tastes of the searcher.
Hence, it is crucial to publish only high-quality content and to write relevant captions that containing relevant keywords.
Before delving into the realm of content, let’s start with the basics and the tools this platform offers:
- • Pins: Images or videos that users can save to thematic boards. Each Pin contains an image, video, or gif and can be accompanied by a description, a link to the original website, and keywords to aid in searching.
- • Boards: These are collections of Pins related to a specific theme. Users can create different boards to organize their Pins based on their interests, projects, or ideas.
- • Profile: A user’s profile displays all the boards and saved Pins. It can be customized with a profile picture, a brief biography, and a link to the user’s website or social profiles.
- • Search: It allows users to search for specific Pins, boards, keywords or phrases. Users can also explore recommended content based on their interests.
- • “Discover” Section: Displays recommended Pins based on the user’s interests and previous activities, including trends and popular Pins on Pinterest.
- • Groups and Communities: On Pinterest users can join thematic groups and communities where they can share ideas, discuss specific topics, and collaborate with others who have similar interests.
1. Creating a captivating professional Pinterest profile
The businesses first step on Pinterest is to create a Pinterest for Business account, not a personal profile. To do so, you should use a clear and recognizable logo image as your profile picture. Subsequently, you need to fill out all sections of the profile, write a SEO-focused bio with keywords related to your industry, and provide detailed information about the company, including links to the website and other social media accounts.
2. Publishing engaging and creative content
Pinterest is a visual platform, so it’s essential to focus on creating captivating, beautiful, and informative content. It’s essential to publish high quality, sharp, and clear products images. In addition to individual items, Pins related to lifestyle perform exceptionally well due to their inspirational value, showcasing the product in a real-life context.
Feel free to unleash your imagination and create Pins in various formats, including images, infographics, and videos.
3. Using effective keywords
As much as Pinterest is a visual social media, images alone are not enough to achieve good engagement. Keywords are essential to optimize pin and board descriptions, titles and hashtags. This will make it easier for users to find content when looking for related topics.
One way to discover the most efficient keywords for your industry is to digit directly on Pinterest the topic you’re interested in and use the most popular words you’ll find in the descriptions.
4. Engaging your audience with Interactive Pins
Pinterest offers various interactive features such as Pins with questions, surveys and quizzes, which are very useful for actively engage your audience. For example, you can create a Pin with a survey by asking users which product they prefer or what they would like to see in the catalogue.
5. Building relationships on Pinterest
Relationships are the key to increase engagement, to build a loyal community, and to authentically promote the brand. To do so, you’ll have to respond comments, to thank repins, and to stimulate conversations asking questions. Showing interest others’ opinions helps build a meaningful connection, which can lead to a quick word of mouth.
Once you build a fanbase, it’s necessary to understand who your followers are and what motivates their interest and to study their interactions and interests to create relevant content to them.
6. Use Pinterest Ads for more visibility
As with most social media, posting exclusively organic content doesn’t always lead to great results. Pinterest offers several advertising options that can greatly increase a Pin visibility and therefore that of the brand.
Pinterest Ads can be targeted based on factors such as interest, demographics, and user behaviour. But how do you do a marketing campaign on Pinterest?
Let’s start from the budget, which varies according to the duration of the campaign, to the daily spending you choose, and to the goal, which can be:
- Brand awareness
- Traffic on the website
- Make products known
And the audience? There are several options to target it:
- Automatic Target: Pinterest chooses the most suitable audience for the Pin.
- Public act-like, new users who are similar in their interests and attitudes to an audience you already know.
- Using keywords, to reach the target that would use certain search terms.
- Using demographic data, such as age, gender, geographical location and language.
Using users’ interests, making the ad appear directly in their feed.
7. Monitoring performance and adapting Strategy
To use Pinterest analytics tools, available only for business accounts, allows you to track the performance of Pins, bulletin boards, and ads.
The most important metrics to monitor are engagement, website traffic, and conversions. This data will help you understand which types of content work best with your audience and optimize your Pinterest strategy accordingly.
As we have seen, Pinterest is a powerful platform for companies looking to create a visually appealing online presence. To maximize brand impact on this platform is important to use high-quality images, effective keywords, creative interactions and targeted advertising. With a strategic and creative approach, Pinterest can become a key ally in your digital marketing mix.
If you want a structured Pinterest marketing plan, contact us! We look forward to bring your Pins to life.